Friday, November 29, 2013

Hail to the King, Baby

Some of you may remember from my old blog that I'm in love with Bruce Campbell. This has been a love going on since 1993, when I was just 9 years old. It all started with Brisco County Jr. I thought he was the coolest person alive because he was a cowboy and had a cool horse that he could communicate with. I know, I was easy to please. Fast forward to my 20's when I discovered Evil Dead and found out that Bruce had a career before Brisco! I was late to the Evil Dead party, but I caught up pretty quickly. When Steven and I first started dating he took me to my first convention in Miami. Guess who was there doing signings and a panel?? BRUCE. Sadly I didn't meet him, but Steven did and I took pictures. I would have been way to shy to say anything to him anyway.



Here are some photos of Bruce being impressed by Steven's cosplay of Ash


We also got to see his panel which was of course completely hilarious

But back to my story, I've wanted a Bruce Campbell related tattoo for awhile. I figured it was easiest to go with Evil Dead/Army of Darkness because it has so many amazing references:





Back in September I even dressed up as Ash for a cosplay convention:


This is all just a really long segue to say LOOK AT MY AWESOME NEW TATTOO:

Also, the chainsaw isn't crooked, I just apparently can't stand straight.

And I mean, not to brag or anything but it's so awesome that Bruce Campbell retweeted it:


We're basically besties now. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I had a wonderful meal with the family and then my husband took me to the theater my boyfriend James Franco's new movie Homefront. That was a run-on sentence, oh well.

4 comments:

  1. that is so awesome! i love that he retweeted it! i would die if someone i loved even saw my tribute tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I was flipping out!!! I called Steven at work and was almost crying hahaha

      Delete
  2. lovely picture ! i am so sad saying bye to Nov because its my birth month :) would you like to follow each other doll :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mine too! And of course, I will check out your blog :)

      Delete