Friday, November 22, 2013

Currently Reading

I have a problem with books. I love them so dearly that I just can't stop buying them. I've had a Nook for three years now, hasn't helped my problem at all. I guess it did for a little while, but I just don't enjoy reading on it as much as I enjoy picking up a real book. Here are some of the books I've bought in the past month:



Do you see how this is an issue? Of the nine that are pictured I have read six and am currently reading one of them. My favorite of all of them is "The Whole Golden World", but I've enjoyed every one so far. But I can definitely see myself re-reading "The Whole Golden World" at some point. I also picked up "Slammed" and "Ten Tiny Breaths" because they were recommended to readers who enjoyed "The Whole Golden World" so I am really excited to read them. "Slammed" is the book I'm currently reading and by that I mean I just bought it about an hour ago so I haven't started it yet hahahha.

Speaking of books, can you believe I forgot that Catching Fire came out last night? I feel like a horrible fan. But in my defense, I have been in all day trainings for the past few days instead of at work AND I had a court date yesterday that took up most of my day. So when a friend of mine said, "So are you going to go see Catching Fire tonight?" I was at a loss. Steven said he'd go with me on Sunday though so I suppose I can wait till then. BUT BACK TO MY PROBLEM. I need to stop buying books. I never utilize the library because I enjoy owning books but I've been out of room on my bookshelf for quite some time. All of our other bookshelves are filled with toys so I need to get another soon or something I don't know. Does anyone else have this problem? I  know I'm friends with a bunch of book nerds so you probably do. Ah well, I could be addicted to worse right?



I mean, they're just so pretty to look at. I know they say, "you can't judge a book by its cover", but I'm a sucker for a cute cover and an interesting description on the back. It doesn't take much for me to go, "oohhh that sounds good!" and head for the register. Sigh.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jaclyn! I came across your blog after you posted a comment on mine (thanks!).. I also have the kindle app on my tablet but it's definitely not the same as having a physical book... I find that one of the greatest pleasures in life is to grab a good book and go sit at a café for a good couple hours... having a toddler, this is definitely my idea of luxury!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even without kids, reading is still one of my favorite ways to spend my time! Nothing to me is more relaxing than reading for an hour or two. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. i am trying to FORCE myself to use the library because i have BOXES of books that won't fit on any one of our four bookshelfs. i actually just made myself do a purge and get rid of books that i knew i would probably never read again.
    i love recommendations though! i will pick up the whole golden world for sure! my favorite book this year has been "the song of achilles" i have actually read it three times! it is just so good! i also loved "the dark quartet" which is a telling of the bronte siblings, which seems like it might be boring but it was written by lynn reid banks (who wrote indian in the cupboard) and i coudln't put it down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem with the library is that they never have what I want! It's always checked out or at another library. I mean I SUPPOSE I could get something else, but I usually bring my goodreads list with me and then I get frustrated and just head to books-a-million down the road. I have heard of "the song of achilles" so I'll definitely check it out! "The Whole Golden World" has a touchy plotline but I loved that it was told from the perspective of woman, and not the douchey guy in the story. Let me know if you read it.

      Delete
  3. i'm the same! i also got an ereader for christmas, but i hardly use it, so bad! i just accepted the fact that i like to spend my money on books. i guess it's better than spending it on something useless!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very good point! My best friend asked my why I don't just donate the books when I'm done to make room but, I love them all so much I don't want to give them up! Plus I'm notorious for re-reading books.

      Delete
  4. I consider myself lucky then, well, sort of. Though I love books, I just can't seem to force myself (I mean my wallet) to spending that much money. I rely mostly on downloaded e-books, which is very sad. I mean, for someone who likes reading. It kind of feels like cheating. Anyway, got me curious about "The Whole Golden World". I am downloading as of writing. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, I love e-books too. Especially when I'm not that into investing the money when I don't know if I'll like it. Part of the problem is that we live close to a books-a-million right now, and it's next door to the closest target. So I just keep popping in, and spending money!

      Delete